Saturday, July 3, 2010

Helping Hands

One of the great things I love about model railroading is having the chance to meet new friends. It's even better when those friends lend a helping hand to work on the railroad. Such was the case today when Bryan and Bob came up from Orangevale to help out. It was great fun and they were able to get two sections of roadbed laid out which will be a small freight yard while I worked on some scenery.

This is Bryan laying out what will be the east end of the yard. He is laying one of two turnouts off of the mainline.

Here is Bob working on the center of the same freight yard. Bob is working back to the west end which will have two turnouts as well off of the mainline.
Here is the two sections of roadbed that will make up the freight yard. I'm not sure what this area will be called just yet but when it's all done I'm sure a name will come to me. The track next to the wall is the up hill climb to the spiral helix.
This is some of my handy work at painting a back ground scene. I hope to be able to paint most of the back ground scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment