Saturday, July 3, 2010

Building some scenery.

Because of the difficulty in getting to the wall to paint back ground scenery Karen & I purchased two Woodland Scenes back grounds and mounted them to poster board. I then cut out the sky section because I plan on painting in my own clouds. By mounting it to poster board it gives it some strength to bend around the corner so there is no sharp corner but just one smooth curve of scenery.
After getting the backdrop mounted to the wall with spray adhesive I started adding the scenery to tie it all together. This is the first part of carving the foam to look like the rocks and river bank that will flow out of the backdrop into the scenery.
After carving the foam board it's starting to take shape. Next will come the first layer of paint.
This is two colors of acrylic paint (burnt sienna & golden brown) mixed to give the base color of the rocks and river bottom. I'm hoping to get everything painted and then add the water in such a way that it looks like its flowing out of the backdrop into the for ground. The section of foam board scene here crossing the river will be two of three truss bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment