Sunday, January 24, 2010

All of the track is down now it's time for scenery

After laying the upper level of track I realized I needed to reverse this cross over so I used a putty knife to pull up the track and installed two right handed turnouts instead of left handed. This will allow for the trains to be turned around at each end of the run. Just had to sand the roadbed and re-glue the track down.
Have all the track down and have started to put the foam board support for the Geodesic foam scenery.
This is going to be a river flowing from a water fall with a bridge over the river on the upper level and three bridges on the lower level. I have started to learn how to use the geodesic foam which is the base of the river bed. It's a two part epoxy that you mix and spread over window screen. It sets in about ten to fifteen minutes to a point where you can still mold it to the shape you want. After about an hour it's set hard and ready for finishing.

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Dad! I can't believe how much work you've done since we were there. Please keep posting so we can follow your progress. I'm excited to see the bridge over the water and the multi-level stuff you got going on.
    -Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a bunch of progress even since Bob and I visited. Way to go!

    Bryan D.

    ReplyDelete